Boost your cognitive skills: find out more about the GamePhyt clinical trial!
June 19, 2023
- Optimizing cognitive abilities: a top priority for consumers
With our increasingly active lifestyles, many of us are keen to optimize our cognitive abilities in order to perform all kinds of tasks efficiently throughout the day. For example, a student needs energy and concentration for a day of revision. As do young professionals, who are under intense stress to achieve their daily goals. Other precision professions, such as pilots or armed forces, also need to maintain high cognitive skills so that they can react quickly, making the right decisions for many obvious reasons.
Today, it’s a fact that the vast majority of the population, often subjected to periods of stress and intense mental fatigue, need to be at the peak of their cognitive abilities: intense concentration, vigilance, optimized reaction time for good decision-making, etc.
- A solution for boosting cognitive capacity
Microphyt has developed a natural ingredient which is effective on many parameters of the cognitive sphere. This ingredient is based on Microphyt’s flagship microalgae, Phaeodactylum tricornutum, and guarana, which are renowned for their fucoxanthin and guaranine content respectively. Fucoxanthin is a strong antioxidant with brain benefits. It can improve cognitive function by promoting memory, attention and reasoning ability. It also helps to protect brain cells against damage and aging. Guaranine, for its part, provides prolonged energy, improving concentration and alertness.
- Gamephyt: a clinical study to demonstrate its properties.
Microphyt created Gamephyt™ by combining fucoxanthin from Phaeodactylum tricornutum and guaranine from guarana. To validate the benefits of GamePhyt™ on cognitive abilities, a clinical study was carried out with experienced gamers, who are subjected to intense stress and mental fatigue. In collaboration with Texas A&M University, Microphyt carry out a double-blind study with one placebo group and two groups receiving different doses of the microalgae extract. The results showed that GamePhyt™ improved players’ accuracy, reaction time, concentration, decision-making, execution speed and mental energy, all in just 15 minutes! GamePhyt™ was also shown to help maintain good mood, visual comfort and sleep quality, with no observed side effects.
- A study applicable to the entire population
In addition to improving the already high baseline cognitive performance of gamers, this promising study suggests that the application of Gamephyt™ could be extended to the entire population, from students and office workers to F1 drivers, athletes and many others! GamePhyt™ represents a natural and effective solution for anyone who may be subject to periods of stress and needs to boost their cognitive abilities quickly.
Find out more about the clinical study: https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/15/8/1918
- Abdul Hannan, et al., 2020, Neuroprotective Potentials of Marine Algae and Their Bioactive Metabolites: Pharmacological Insights and Therapeutic Advances
- MINGHETTI et al., 2014, Nonenzymatic oxygenated metabolites of α-linolenic acid B1- and L1-phytoprostanes protect immature neurons from oxidant injury and promote differentiation of oligodendrocyte
- Alghazwi et al., 2019, In vitro studies of the neuroprotective activities of astaxanthin and fucoxanthin against amyloid beta (Aβ1-42) toxicity and aggregation
- OTA, et al., 2019
- FERNANDO, et al., 2015
- REBELLO, et al., 2015
- Efficacy of omega-3 PUFAs in depression: A meta-analysis, Transl Psychiatry 2019; 9: 190.
- Rhonda P., Vitamin D and the omega-3 fatty acids control serotonin synthesis and action, part 2: relevance for ADHD, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and impulsive behavior, 2015
- PALANICHAMY et al., 2020, “Influence of Esports on stress: A systematic review”, Ind Psychiatry J. 2020 Jul-Dec; 29(2): 191–199